Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10/6/2014..Testimony

10/6/2014
Elder Olson and I have been able to see the hand of the Lord. Without a doubt, He never leaves us hanging. People often say, "why has God walked away from me?" I believe that when the proper reflection and perspective is applied, we quickly find that it is not God who has walked away but we have instead closed the door. He loves us and walks with us! He loves us with a perfect love that cannot be understood right now.
"He loves us enough to give us what we need, not what we want. :)"

My exchange in Shelley, ID was wonderful! We taught many wonderful people, played some soccer and I got to experience a much more rural area! :) I went with Elder Sincere and Elder Ledbetter and had a grand time. I learned much about the importance of humility and the role is plays in our being in tune with the spirit. It is impossible to be in tune with the spirit to the extent that God would like us to if humility is not in our hearts. :)

We had Zone Training as well! It was so crazy! We were so busy earlier that morning and weren't entirely prepared BUT it turned out well. :) A wonderful spirit of love and care was there and that's what we were going for. :) Also, we got to watch Meet the Mormons earlier that morning. It. Was. AMAZING! Please tell everyone about it! Make sure all your friends go! Not only does it answer questions but the spirit is SO strong. The lives of those people will take your breath away. It is well worth a visit to the theaters. :)

Also, Conference was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I loved President Callister, Elder Christofferson, and Jorg Klebingat's talks. They were amazing! And of course, Elder Holland's was fantastic. ;) I loved the messages that were given about how decisions determine destiny and that we NEED to sustain our prophet in word, conversation and action! It is such a gift to have one upon the earth and I need to better FOLLOW the prophet everyday. :)

Overall, it was an absolutely amazing week! I know with all my heart that the Gospel is true and that the church is true. :) It has been such a beautiful thing to see the blessings of the Gospel flow into my life and the life of others. :) I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that through it we can come closer to Christ everyday. :) Read it! Study it! Live it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment