Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

10/7/2013..Be an ANGEL to someone!!

10/7/2013
(Transfers came in) I'm actually staying right here! haha! I'm super super stoked! It's just gonna be amazing! What kind of stinks though is that Elders Vigil and Stephens are heading out, to Teratin and Idaho Falls. I'm gonna miss them but their new areas need them! What's gonna be really interesting is that now, I'm gonna have a new trainer and that HE is going to be training a new Elder. And Guess what! He's a Visa waiter! Going to Brazil! So we are gonna be able to do language study and be able to talk to each other all the time. Portuguese has been going mighty fine by the way. It really took off this week! I've been learning a lot of new vocabulary and grammatical principles and gaining confidence as far as conversation goes. I know that Heavenly Father blesses His missionaries. :) He is always there! And He loves everybody in the world so much, more than we can possibly imagine.
Also, I have decided that being a missionary and watching conference is like the super bowl. I was beyond excited! So pumped to hear everything! Especially from President Monson. I KNOW that that man is a Prophet and the President of this Church. I know that he is inspired and called of God. As we listen to his words, we won't go astray!

Overall, this week was probably one of the hardest weeks in the mission for me. I just felt really discouraged at some points and did a lot of soul searching. I'm not sure exactly what it was that was getting me down, maybe just a little home sickness and some inadequacy BUT I'm very glad Heavenly father gave me that trial. :) Because of the things I was going through this week, I believe that I was humbled and amazing things followed. :) I restarted the Book of Mormon this week (now studying it with a student manual), I also started "our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard, and I just really had an awesome talk with Elder Vigil yesterday. Our talk made me really sad that he is leaving but I KNOW that Heavenly Father gave him to me as a trainer for a reason and I hope that I will be able to remember and apply all that he has taught me. :) All the wonderful spiritual experiences I have had of late have really strengthened me as a person and more fully taught me to rely more and more on my Heavenly Father. I know that He cares for us and loves us so much.

 Other than conference though, this week we got another baptismal date! His name is Tyson and he plays on the football team here at ISU. He is so very prepared and it was just amazing because we got to go over there and after talking for a little while, he asked us, "how do I get to Heaven?" What an amazing question! We were able to bear testimony of Heavenly Father's plan for us, the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of baptism. So, we challenged him to be baptized and he said that if he came to know that it all was true, he would be baptized Nov 2nd! We gave him a Book of Mormon and left Alma 32 for him to read and hopefully we will be able to meet very soon and help him progress more!
There are people out there for us to teach and help! I invite everyone, even as the Apostles and Prophets have invited us, to take the chance to be an angel to someone! Offer them the greatest gift we have been given, the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It WILL change someone's life and bring you closer to our Father in Heaven. :) Also, we found 7 new investigators this week! So this coming week is going to be amazing!

 Also, funny story, so I was in our study room reading and Elder Vigil comes into the room singing, very very high and as he walks through the door frame he hits his arm on the frame. Apparently it hurt! But, right after that, he said, "I guess that's God telling me to stop singing!" I'm still laughing about it as I write this letter! Haha! It was pretty hilarious! I truly love my companions. I know that Heavenly Father gives us the people that are in our lives for a reason. There are ways for us to help them and ways for them to help us, we just have to be humble and willing to learn and grow. :) 
Overall, I know that this work is true and that our Father in Heaven cares for us so much! I know that the Atonement is real. :) I know it with all my heart and our Savior, Jesus Christ loves us so much. :) I hope this week is great for all of you! Again, love you all so much! Talk to ya soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment