Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

3/9/2015...Pure excitement!!!

This past week was amazing! It was a roller coaster ride too! So much work was able to get done! Specific instances that pop out to me definitely include Tuesday. My goodness! So, we went on splits for a good long while. Elder Fontes went with a couple and I went with oen of our Relief Society Presidents and her son. It was amazing! We were able to visit so many wonderful people and between the two of us and including the time we were together, we taught 10 lessons! Also, I got to proselyte in an office building! Haha! We were going through a list and an address that we were looking for led us to an office building. We thought, "Well, here goes nothing!" and walked in! We ended up teaching a teenager who's dad works there and also, got to meet his dad, who is an attorney and he is open to us coming by! Yessssss!!! Amazing memory and the young man I was with was very enthused by the experience!

Also, we met Damian! Another set of elders had met him and he told them he wanted to be baptized. He went and saw Meet the Mormons with them as well! He actually is in one of the wards that we cover though so we have started to teach him! We asked him, "What do you like to do?" and he said, "I like to get baptized!" I think we've got a keeper! Haha! He came to church and we have another appointment with him tomorrow!

Also, I got the chance to bear my testimony in every Sacrament meeting we were in! Ya know how there are commonly long pauses where no one gets up? Elder Fontes told me that it is never like that in Brazil! Apparently, it is like a race! Right when the meeting is opened up to the congregation, individuals flood the stage and sit in the choir seats. If you don't jump on the opportunity you don't GET an opportunity! Wow! Imagine what it would be like to see that! :) I feel strongly that we need to share our testimonies are they will fade. Only in sharing it can we keep it. :)

Oh man, we had an amazing meeting this past week! We had a meeting with the whole stake's Ward Mission Leaders and also, the High Counselor over Missionary Work. It was EXCITING! I felt very vocal during the meeting and greatly enjoyed commenting and helping to solve problems and concerns that people in the stake had. Basically, I REALLY want to be a Ward Mission Leader someday or at least be a missionary EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE! :)

Mmmm.... we went on exchanges with one of the Assistants to the President, Elder Deppermann. It was incredible! We got to talk with a whole bunch of people outside of a homeless shelter, give a Church tour in 2 different church buildings, have a baptism and Elder Deppermann talked with us about our zone. It was humbling! I really can be doing a lot better! :) I WILL do better! :)

Also, the health is going wonderfully! I've been praying for a greater desire to care for my body and it has been going very well! I've been able to control the natural man and eat healthier! There is such a profound difference in one's spiritual countenance when healthy foods are placed in the temple as opposed to unhealthy foods! The exercising has been great as well! Lots of cardio, some weight lifting and lots of positive endorphins floating around! Haha! Life is GREAT! :)

I think that is good for this week! Haha! Basically, it was an amazing roller coaster ride of excitement and business! Love you all! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment