Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

2/23/2015..Maximum effort..maximum reward!!!

2/23/2015
This past week was an absolutely amazing one! Jeremy Marston has been baptized! It was a fantastic service! After I performed his baptism, I had the opportunity to just stand there for a second and think about the beauty of the gospel and the joy that is reserved for the faithful! Being faithful is so much more than just doing the minimum. Putting in the minimimal effort will result in minimal blessings but putting in the maximum effort will maximize one's blessings and tender mercies! The Lord loves us and wants to bless us. We have to do the foot work and ACT! :) Also, I found out that I am getting transferred! I will be with an Elder Fontes! He is from Brazil! Coincidence?? NOPE! :) I am SO excited for the work that is to be done, here in my present area and over yonder! I'll still be in Idaho Falls! I have roughly 4 months left! GAME TIME! WHOOOO!!!! Mmm.... Oh! I also got to go on an exchange with an Elder Frazier! We walked...... A LOT! we talked to some wonderful people too! It was a great learning experience. I learned a lot about patience, offering correction lovingly and also, having hope that God will provide a way, no matter what. :) I also got to talk this past Sunday in one of our wards! I got to give me "farewell!" ;) I talked about how "gathering daily manna brings us closer to God." The daily manna that I touched on was daily prayer and scripture study and also, GOOD HEALTH! It was so much fun to speak and bear my testimony about the wonder of God's love and how we can access that love! :) Man, the experiences I have had here have been through the roof. The joy and stress has been very abundant. I feel that I have grown in so many ways! I feel that I have more self control and strength than I did before coming to Idaho Falls 6 months ago. I feel more knowledgeable and wise, as strange as that sounds! God really is our loving Heavenly Father. Everything He does is for our good. :) Love you all! Go help someone today! :)



Elder Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment