Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

9/15/2014..Bike rides and Member missionaries!!



My week in review: This past week was AMAZING. We were able to have a Zone Training with our 18 missionaries that we serve. Every companionship except one changed so it is practically a different Zone! Overall, it went really well. :) Also, we have a baptism this coming Tuesday! Her name is LIzbeth . She is about 15 and she's excited! Also, Elder Olson and I have really been able to hit the ground running! We have seen So much ward support which really has made the difference. I think that is going to be my number on favorite thing about serving here, THE PEOPLE. They are SO incredible and excited to do missionary work! We had a lesson last night with a LA man and his soon to be wife who is not a member and Brother and Sister Thorne, who came with us were SO wonderful! Bearing testimony, sharing personal experiences. It was a great thing to see! Everyone should do that! ;) Overall though, our WMLs are great, the wards are vibrant and wonderful and thee work is very prosperous, here and in the rest of our zone. It's a win win! I can't imagine leaving! It is going to be a sad day when that does happen. ;) For now though, I'm working on instilling LOTS of new habits and working as hard as I can! It's always fun going to a new area and especially for me, going to a new city! I feel like it is a fresh start and I am VERY motivated to do my absolute best and see all the amazing things happen here in our area. :)

We've got a car too which is pretty fun but we rode our bikes the other day which was INCREDIBLE! :) We were riding along and rode up next to this guy, probably early 20s, Andrew was his name. We started to talk to him and we ended up riding with him for about 2 to 3 miles. He asked all sorts of questions and we answered and taught him about Joseph Smith, our central beliefs and the Book of Mormon. Keep in mind that all of this was done while riding a bike, 3 of us on somewhat of a narrow sidewalk. Achievement? Most definitely! In the end, he told us how to get to his house and we are gonna visit him soon

It's starting to get a little chilly here as well! Hopefully, I can stay close to this car!!!! ;) Other than that, we have some wonderful investigators, there is a potato bar this Thursday in one of our wards, I had some fantastic waffles this past Saturday, Raspberry pie with the members we live with, I vacuumed a little bit this morning, and we are playing basketball, volleyball and all sorts of fun stuff with our Zone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment