Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

2/17/2014...My question to Elder Bednar!!!!

2/17/2014
My week is review: Alright, so...... I want to talk about one event this week. :) Easily, one of the most incredible things I have experienced on my mission. :)
 Saturday morning when Elder Bednar came and spoke to the mission. :) Oh my goodness...... it was so incredible. First off, we got to take pictures with him, 5 Zones per picture and that was AWESOME! I can't wait to see that picture! :) Then, we, as reverently as we could, made our way to the Chapel to prepare to have our discussion with him. I read some of his talks that we were assigned to read and looked back and forth between the doors to see when he would walk in mostly. ;) Eventually, he came! It was amazing because we did the same thing the conference center does when the Prophet walks in, we all stood up as he walked up to the podium and then sat down.
We started the meeting off with a song, prayer and then a talk by Sister Brinkerhoff, Sister Bednar, and Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy and then.... Elder Bednar spoke. Man of man, it was just amazing! He spoke to eloquently and with the spirit the ENTIRE time! Every single word he spoke kept you RIGHT on the edge of your seat and absolutely captivated you! Also, every phrase spoke right to your heart! Also, he is absolutely hilarious! There was so much laughing going on because he was just so down to earth and he knew how nervous and excited we were. ;) 
Basically, the entire thing as a discussion! He started by asking us questions and we answered em. That was nerve racking but very very good. ;) He expounded so incredibly on every answer too! The way he built and layered everything was a testimony to me that the spirit was guiding his words 100%. :) THEN came the best time of the whole meeting. WE got to ask HIM our questions. There were so many amazing questions asked. Everything from revelation regarding upcoming church events, what it is like to be a part of the preparation of the next president of the Church and how missionary's missions are selected. :)
 I didn't really have a question going in but one hit me while I was sitting down. I even got to ask Elder Bednar my question! When he asked, "What other questions do you have?" I raised my hand and AMAZINGLY, he picked me! He pointed right at me and with my heart racing I was handed the microphone in front of the whole mission and got to ask him, "Elder Bednar, knowing what you know, having learned  what you have learned, what should we do during our decisions right now and in the future to better lead this church, our families and our lives, not necessarily to make it to the quorum of the 12 apostles but to better ourselves?" After I choked my question out, I was able to enter into an incredibly spiritual experience. :) As I listened to Elder Bednar expound and answer my question with such incredible clarity and knowledge, it was as if, everything blurred around Elder Bednar and all I could see was him looking right at me. I'm not even sure if everyone else heard what I heard! He told me incredible things that entered right into my heart. I KNOW that he was speaking by the spirit and speaking things very personal and relevant to me. I KNOW that Elder Bednar is an Apostle of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Those 3 to 4 hours last Saturday witnessed that knowledge unto me. We are leaded and guided by absolutely incredible and inspired men THIS DAY. As we heed their council and live in the light that Heavenly Father, through his servants, shines upon us, we will NEVER be lost.


Last Saturday rocked me to my very core and I am so glad that I had that opportunity. :) I love you all so much and hope that you have an absolutely amazing week! :) Talk to ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment