Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

9/23/2013..."We don't get strong by doing weak things"

9/23/2013
We sure have been busy! This week was a little slower than last week but we still had SO many opportunities to teach and testify of the beauty of this amazing Gospel! Things are going well with Sam! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation this past week and she has begun to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I know that if she is sincere, she will get an answer! The plan our Father in Heaven has for us is perfect and can bless our lives and the Book of Mormon is the key to truly knowing that ALL these things are true! I really hope it works out too!

Our lesson with Mike went really well! He's actually a free mason and is very passionate about studying all religions and increasing his spirituality as he puts it. He's just an awesome guy! We were able to teach and testify of the Book of Mormon and that THIS IS THE TRUTH! And if he reads the Book of Mormon, he can receive the happiness and knowledge that he is looking for. We talked about baptism and he said he would be baptized but asked if he could not be Mormon and do it at the same time! It was an interesting conversation, that's for sure! We got to explain baptism some more though and we are meeting with him sometime this week hopefully. I'm excited to see what happens and what Heavenly Father has in store for us as we remain diligent!
As for Tyson, things are going great! We got to stop by this week and talk to him for a bit which was good. We didn't get to share a message cause he had to leave but it was good to improve our relationship. We were hoping to go over last night and challenge him to be baptized (he's so ready!) but he was actually with his girl friend. Gahhhhhhh. But, hey! Hopefully, we can accomplish that goal today!
I think one of the biggest highlights of the week was yesterday though. We walked into a lesson hoping to share a spiritual thought with some members and ask for referrals and such but one of their friends were there and she isn't a member! But, she has taken all the lessons and kinda fell away from it all because a tough family situation. Basically, last night, we were able to testify of the happiness that is found in baptism and the importance of this sacred commandment we have been given. We talked for a LONG time and it was just a really good experience to help her see the beauty of it all! We challenged her to pray and read the Book of Mormon to know for herself if she could be baptized on Oct 26th. We are meeting again with her tonight and I'm so excited to see if any progress has been made and if not, what we can do to help her get there!
This work truly is amazing and such a joy! Also, we got another Elder two days ago! An elder in another area went home so our new companion's original companion went to fill that spot and we absorbed Elder Stephens! We are officially in a Tri-Companionship! Just like in the MTC! Haha! It really has been amazing! He's super knowledgeable and spiritual and I feel very blessed to be able to learn from him and Elder Vigil!

 Overall, this week has been really good. I had some tough moments these past couple days, just kinda doubting my teaching abilities a little bit. I think I was just getting down on myself for not knowing what to say at EVERY moment, ya know, just being a perfectionist. It's still kinda getting to me but I’ve found that diligent scripture study, praying and thinking of my purpose, why I'm here helps a lot. :) I know that Heavenly Father is with His missionaries and that with His help, this work is carried forward. I know that my trials and the trials we all face are only for our good. As President Monson stated, "We don't get strong by doing weak things." I believe that with all my heart. If we want to get stronger, in any area of our lives, we have to be willing to push onward, even when it's tough. :) This church is true! The Book of Mormon is true and I know that if we read it and pray with a sincere heart, we can and will come to a knowledge of it's truthfulness! :) I love you all so much! I hope all is well back home and that the Good work is moving along well! :) As far as a challenge, I challenge everyone to read the Book of Mormon each morning and to pray morning and night! As you do this, you WILL find more happiness and more lives. You WILL feel a difference. :) Again, I love you all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment